Wikiteka:Txokoa

Wikitekatik
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bot policy[aldatu]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement it soon if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests.
--MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 09:35, 19 apirila 2018 (UTC)

+1! user:Theklan can you look into it ;) VIGNERON (eztabaida) 10:11, 19 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Yes, do it, please MarcoAurelio -Theklan (eztabaida) 10:25, 19 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Based on the support, I will probably do it in one week instead of waiting for two weeks. Feel free to move this thread to the actual Village Pump page you may wish to create (ie: Wikisource:Txokoa, etc.). I used this page as no formal village pump exist here yet :) --MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 10:54, 19 apirila 2018 (UTC)
@Theklan and VIGNERON: Have you thought of any page where bot requests will be handled, like https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bot-ak/Baimenak ? Also, have you thought of any page name to host the Café like https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Txokoa ? Thanks, --MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 09:25, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Xabier Cañas too (personnaly, I don't speak Basque, just here to help this project starting). The « Txokoa » (or whatever name you want to choose) is particulary important (I've got several question to ask and informations to share, I see that KRLS started its own to-do list too we need a central place to talk about this). Cdlt, 09:33, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Moving this to Wikiteka:Txokoa. MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 09:43, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Done. --MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 17:39, 1 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Wikidata has been enabled[aldatu]

Kaixo. Since this morning Wikidata is now fully functional on eu.wikisource. You can now link pages to Wikidata items. I've done a couple myself. Enjoy! Regards, --MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 09:26, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)

Wonderful! Thanks MarcoAurelio, I'll do at least the authors.
For information, there is a special page : Berezi:UnconnectedPages that list all the pages not linked with Wikidata (that said, you should be careful, not all page should be linked with Wikidata, not Ebanyelio saindua San Luken arabera/I CAPITULUA for instance as items for chapters are usually not accepted on Wikidata).
Cdlt, VIGNERON (eztabaida) 09:36, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)
Ok, so all authors are now linked to Wikidata. Going through this pages, I saw that:
  • 1. the namespace doesn't seems right (it's Author in English, what is the correct translation? so we can add it on phabricator:T189465)
  • 2. the Author template is missing
  • 3. they all are in a category Testuak egilearen arabera, and if Google translate is correct it means Texts by Authors which is strange, it should be an Authors category (like fr:Catégorie:Auteurs, fr:Catégorie:Œuvres par auteur exists but for pages of the main namespace not for the Author pages).
Cdlt, VIGNERON (eztabaida) 15:37, 24 apirila 2018 (UTC)
1) I support the creation of Egilea: (Author:) namespace. In my opinion, we can append this subtask on phabricator.--KRLS (eztabaida) 14:56, 26 apirila 2018 (UTC)
I'll take care of creating the extra Egilea / Egilea_eztabaida namespaces. MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 09:29, 27 apirila 2018 (UTC)

@VIGNERON: All items linked are broken, because we need to change "Author:" for "Egilea:" namespace. Can you update it?--KRLS (eztabaida) 15:45, 19 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Egilea (Author) namespace now avalaible[aldatu]

Kaixo. I've added the Egilea namespace to this wiki. "Author" should work as alias as well. So Egilea:Bilintx and Author:Bilintx are interchangeable (Author redirects to Egilea, which is the true namespace). It may take a while until all links display correctly though due to caching issues. Regards, --MarcoAurelio (eztabaida) 13:22, 2 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Thank you!!--Xabier Cañas (eztabaida) 17:58, 3 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Infotaula Egilea[aldatu]

No creeis que seria más bonito si usaramos una Infotaula para autor como tenemos an ca.wikisource y a poder ser que pille los datos de wikidata: ca:Autor:Àngel Guimerà i Jorge? Ahora mismo no estoy arreglando autores a la espera de cerrar esto.--KRLS (eztabaida) 16:04, 11 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

He hecho una prueba con {{Egilea1}} pero {{Infotaula}} necesita un módulo "Infobox", y ahí ya me piedo. Quizá Lankide:Theklan podría solucionarlo y ver cómo queda. Personalmente me gusta más la versión catalana. --Xabier Cañas (eztabaida) 07:39, 12 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Administratzaile aukeraketa[aldatu]

Kaixo! Hemen ez dugu administratzailerik eta bozketa bat egin beharko genuke hori konpontzeko. Bitartean eskatuko dut beste hilabete baterako ni egotea, kontu teknikoak eta lotzeko, baina bozketa ireki behar da. Hautagairik badago, idatzi dezala hemen. Bozketa emateko epea maiatzaren 31n amaituko da. -Theklan (eztabaida) 13:47, 19 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Theklan[aldatu]

Nik aurkeztuko dut nire burua. Ondo legoke 3-4 pertsona egotea, hemendik ere ez gara asko pasatzen eta kontu teknikoak zein bandalismoa ezabatzeko zenbaki ona da. -Theklan (eztabaida) 13:54, 19 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

KRLS[aldatu]

Sóc administrador al wikisource en català. Si ho necessiteu us podria ajudar durant els primers 6 mesos com a administrador per resoldre els problemes tècnics que sorgeixin en aquests primers passos.--KRLS (eztabaida) 13:58, 19 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Xabier Cañas[aldatu]

Neure burua aurkeztuko dut ere. Helburua laguntza orrialdeak garatzea, editatzen ikastea eta besteei ikasitako erakustea izango litzateke.--Xabier Cañas (eztabaida) 22:20, 19 maiatza 2018 (UTC)

Update on page issues on mobile web[aldatu]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:58, 12 ekaina 2018 (UTC)

Words hyphenated across pages in Wikisource are now joined[aldatu]

Hi, this is a message by Can da Lua as discussed here for wikisource communities

The ProofreadPage extension can now join together a word that is split between a page and the next.

In the past, when a page was ending with "concat-" and the next page was beginning with "enation", the resulting transclusion would have been "concat- enation", and a special template like d:Q15630535 had to be used to obtain the word "concatenation".

Now the default behavior has changed: the hyphen at the end of a page is suppressed and in this case no space is inserted, so the result of the transclusion will be: "concatenation", without the need of a template. The "joiner" character is defined by default as "-" (the regular hyphen), but it is possible to change this. A template may still be needed to deal with particular cases when the hyphen needs to be preserved.

Please share this information with your community.

MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 10:28, 30 iraila 2018 (UTC)

Selection of the Wikisource Community User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit[aldatu]

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

The Wikisource Community User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is a yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Wikisource Community User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wikisource needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement. For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is short and to avoid the confusing vote on the Wikisource-I mailing list of last year, we created a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit.

The vote will be in two parts:

  1. until December 7th, people can add their name and a short explanation on who they are and why they want to go to the summit. Nomination of other people is allowed, the nominated person should accept their nomination.
  2. starting December 7th, and for a week, the community vote to designate the representative.

Please feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.

For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) 15:15, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

Biblia[aldatu]

Kaixo! Beno, aspaldiko kezka batekin nator: ez dago euskarazko Biblia librerik. Baina badago aukera doc batean jaisteko Euskadiko Gotzainen webgunetik. Bibliak garrantzia berezia du, askotan aipatzen ditugulako Wikipediako artikuluetan bertsikuloak edo atalak, eta orain kanpoko Biblija.net zerbitzura berbidaltzen dugu, Eliza batena dena eta, agian, desager daitekeena edo aldatu.

Zer deritzozue Gotzainen Biblia hori hartu eta, librea izango balitz bezala, hemen jartzen badugu? Ez dut uste inork egile eskubiderik erreklamatuko dituenik, ezta?

Mezu honen kopia @Xabier Cañas:, @Xabier Armendaritz:, @Sairema:, @Aitzolete:... -Theklan (eztabaida) 18:40, 15 urtarrila 2019 (UTC)

Zalantza eragiten dit kontu honek. Batetik, Galderrek aipatutako arrisku hori dago (webgune hori desagertzea edo aldatzea); bestetik, egile eskubideen arazoa... Hala ere, garbi dago Biblia euskaratzen aritu direnen asmoa izan dela albait jende gehienaren eskura jartzea testu hori. Horregatik, zalantzak zalantza, testua Wikitekan eskuragarri jartzearen alde nago.
Itzultzaile taldearen buru izan zen Dionisio Amundaraini galdetzea ere pentsatu dut, aspaldiko ezaguna baitut eta beti agertu izan baita euskararen alde laguntzeko prest; baina, kontuan izanda aurki 89 urte egingo dituela eta 2015az geroztik apenas duela presentzia publikorik (lehenago, agerpen ugari izaten zituen, besteak beste ItzuL zerrendan), ez dakit ea egokia den kontu honekin harengana joatea.
Ea besteok zer diozuen. --Xabier Armendaritz (eztabaida)
Besteok bezala, itzulpenaren lizentziarekin dut kezka. Dionisio Amundaraini baimenik eskatzeko modurik ez badago, uste dut, Xabierrek aipatu duen bezala, onartutako bokazio unibertsaleko dokumentu batez ari garela, eta haren bokazioa hedapen hutsa baino ez dela. Interpretazio horretatik abiatuta, bi modutara egingo nuke: 1) Zuzenean testua txertatu (irudirik gabe eta transkripziorik gabe). Ez da txukunena baina behintzat testua hor dago eta Wikipediarekin eta Wikiesanekin loturak egiteko balioko luke; 2) Dokumentua Archiven sartu lehenik, lizentzia askean jarri, eta metadatuekin (lizentziarenak) Commonsera igo. Nola ikusten duzue?-Xabier Cañas (eztabaida) 17:32, 17 urtarrila 2019 (UTC)
@Xabier Armendaritz: Ba agian galdetzea badago, hori onena. Gotzainei galdetzea baino hobea izango litzateke, eta ziur ez duela inoiz pentsatu copyrighta duenik bere lanak. @Xabier Cañas: nik ez nuke igoko jatorriko dokumentua, ze maketatu gabeko doc bat da. Hau da, ez du irudirik ez ezer ere. -Theklan (eztabaida) 12:07, 18 urtarrila 2019 (UTC)
Oraintxe idatzi diot Dionisiori. Erantzunik jasotzen badut, jakinaraziko dizuet. --Xabier Armendaritz (eztabaida) 09:01, 21 urtarrila 2019 (UTC)

@Xabier Armendaritz: Gaur jarri naiz bilatzen lehen zuten doc hori, ikusteko ea nola jar genezakeen Wikitekan... eta desagertu da. Hau kalamidadea! (Eta gerta daitekeen galeraren adibide). -Theklan (eztabaida) 18:17, 7 otsaila 2019 (UTC)

@Xabier Cañas: @Xabier Armendaritz: Beno, hasi naiz proba batzuk egiten, ea nola geratuko litzatekeen Biblia hemen jarrita, eta batez ere teknikoki nola lotu bertsetak (hitzaren oso fan) kanpotik bilaketa egin ahal izateko. Adibidez, Has2:7 -Theklan (eztabaida) 22:15, 7 otsaila 2019 (UTC)
Dionisio Amundarainen erantzuna baiezkoa izan da:
« Azkenik, pozten nauk hi Wikitekan habilela jakiteaz. Eta Elizen Arteko Biblia zuen horretan zintzilikatzeaz, dudarik ez izan, bene-benetan poztuko nindukek. Gure asmo osoa izan huen Biblia euskaraz ahalik eta gehiena zabaltzea. »
Ez dakit horrekin nahikoa den edo Dionisiok guri beste baimen dokumenturen bat ematea beharko genukeen...
Dionisiok, gainera, ideia hauek ere eman dizkigu:
« Gure Biblia zuenean zintzilikatzeaz pentsatzen jarririk, beste hau otu zait: gurearekin batean, edo geroago, noizbait, Belokeko aita Marcel nire adiskide handiak, nik eraginda eta nire lan materialaz, "lapurtar-baxenabartarrerat" egokitu zuena ere zintzilikatzea ongarri izan litekeela

Gure itzulpenean oinarritua da, baina, Marcel biblialaria handia denez, zehatz berrikusia, eta euskara jator-jatorrean emana; esango nuke, euskarari dagokionez, gurea baino euskara-sen handiagokoa dela. Gurean izan genituen biblialariak ez ziren hain gaituak euskarari dagokionez; Marcelengan benetan nabari da sen hori.

Bestetik, Marcelek eraginda, duela gutxi zendu den Junes Casenabek Xuberoko euskalkira egokitu zuen Marcelen Bibliako Itun Berria (ez Itun Zaharra).

Marcelen Biblia Interneten dago. Casenaberena paperean bakarrik; ez dugu lortu digitalizatzea.

Zer poza hartuko nukeen beste biok zuenean ikustea. Urrats handia izango litzateke, bai batua / euskalkiak arazoan, bai Hego Euskal Herria / Ipar Euskal Herria arazoan.

[...] bi lan horiek zuenean zintzilikatzeko, Marcelen baimena beharko zenukete. Casenave zendua da, baina nik uste Marcelek bere esku izango dituela haren lanarekikoak.

»
Euskarazko beste bi Biblia horiei dagokienez, nik ez dut Marcelekin harremanetan jartzeko biderik; baina interesgarria ikusten baduzue, Dionisiori eskatuko nioke harekin harremanetan jartzeko...
@Theklan: Itxura bikaina hartzen ari da testua, bejondeizula! --Xabier Armendaritz (eztabaida)
Hau poza, benetan Xabier Armendaritz. Beste bi Bibliak lortuko bagenitu, portal ederra egingo genuke, ezta? Nik iragarriko dut hau sarean. -Theklan (eztabaida) 09:08, 8 otsaila 2019 (UTC)

Egin beharreko lanak[aldatu]

Momentu honetan kopia bakarra dago Biblia honena, webgunean. Atal guztiak kopiatzea da lehen pausoa, gero apalaldi eta bertset bakoitza jartzeko. Ni pixkanaka hasiko naiz honekin, baina lagundu nahi baduzue, egin ezazue, mesedez. -Theklan (eztabaida) 09:13, 8 otsaila 2019 (UTC)

Élection communautaire au Conseil d'administration de Wikimédia France[aldatu]

Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

Ce message est déposé ici car Wikimédia France a identifié la langue de votre projet comme étant une des langues de France.
This message is posted here because Wikimedia France has identified the language of your project as being one of the languages ​​of France.

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Le 23 février dernier l'association Wikimédia France s'est dotée de nouveaux statuts. Dorénavant, un siège du Conseil d'administration de Wikimédia France est réservé à une personne désignée par la communauté des contributeurs aux différents projets Wikimedia[1].

Wikimédia France est une association à but non lucratif, de type loi 1901, qui soutient et promeut les différents projets Wikimedia en France mais n'exerce aucun rôle éditorial ni aucun rôle d'hébergeur de ces projets. Elle est juridiquement indépendante des projets et de la Wikimedia Foundation.

Néanmoins, il est sûr que la notoriété de l'association est entièrement issue de celle des différents projets, ce qui détermine en grande partie sa capacité à rencontrer les acteurs institutionnels et associatifs et à attirer la générosité du public. D'autre part, les marques, les logos et un peu moins de la moitié des ressources de Wikimédia France[2] sont issues d'un accord avec la Wikimedia Foundation, organe central du mouvement wikimédien. En bref, l'essentiel de la capacité d'action de Wikimédia France est rendu possible grâce à votre travail. C'est pourquoi Wikimédia France a pensé qu'il est légitime qu'une personne désignée par la communauté des contributeurs puisse siéger à son Conseil d'administration. Une fois désignée, la personne sera formellement investie en novembre par un vote de l'Assemblée générale de l'association, seule instance souveraine en cette matière. En tant que membre du Conseil d'administration, la personne choisie pourra exercer les rôles de contrôle, de gestion et de conseil stratégique pour l'association[3].

Le dépôt des candidatures sera possible à partir du 1er septembre 2019 et le vote sera ouvert du 20 au 30 septembre 2019.

Toutes les informations utiles (calendrier détaillé, droit de vote, conditions d'éligibilité, etc.) sont à retrouver sur m:Wikimédia France/Gouvernance/Siège_communautaire. Fin août / début septembre, une session « posez toutes les questions que vous voulez » (ask me everything), sera organisée en ligne pour répondre aux diverses interrogations.

Enfin, Wikimédia France souhaite mettre en place une commission électorale recueillant et validant les candidatures et surveillant ce processus électoral. Si la fonction vous intéresse, vous pouvez vous signaler à electionTxantiloi:@wikimedia.fr

VIGNERON (eztabaida) 10:29, 15 uztaila 2019 (UTC)

  1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikim%C3%A9dia_France/Gouvernance/Si%C3%A8ge_communautaire
  2. Ventilation ressources, d'après le budget prévisionnel 2019-2020 : 1 054 600 euros de recettes totates, dont 450 000 (43 %) de la Wikimedia Foundation, 435 000 de dons, 100 000 de mécénat, 10 000 d'adhésion, 1 500 de frais financier, 35 100 de reprises sur engagements restant à réaliser et 23 000 de transfert de charges.
  3. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikim%C3%A9dia_France/Guide_du_conseil_d%27administration

New tools and IP masking[aldatu]

14:19, 21 abuztua 2019 (UTC)

Wikisource:News (en): September 2019 Edition[aldatu]

Wikisource Community Logo globe notext.svg
English Wikisource's monthly newsletter which seeks to inform all about Wikimedia's multilingual Wikisource.

Current · Archives · Discussion · Subscribe MJLT-eztabaida 23:25, 1 iraila 2019 (UTC)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[aldatu]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 iraila 2019 (UTC)

Administratzaileen bozketa[aldatu]

Kaixo! Administratzaile izaera galdu dugu iaz eskatu genuen @Xabier Cañas:, @KRLS: eta hirurok. Administratzaile izaten jarraitzeko aukera eskatzen dizuet guztiei. Beste hautagairik egongo balitz, esan mesedez. Nire burua ere burokrata izendatzen baduzue, administratzaileak nik egin ditzaket etorkizunean. -Theklan (eztabaida) 17:59, 8 urria 2019 (UTC)

Yes check.svg Bat nator Theklan administratzaile eta burokrata izendatzearen alde -Lainobeltz (eztabaida) 18:35, 8 urria 2019 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Bat nator Per mi d'acord.--KRLS (eztabaida) 08:45, 9 urria 2019 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Bat nator Nik ere alde bozkatzen dut. --Xabier Armendaritz (eztabaida) 17:46, 9 urria 2019 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Bat nator -Xabier Cañas (eztabaida) 07:16, 12 urria 2019 (UTC)
Yes check.svg Bat nator ---Gorkaazk (eztabaida) 22:28, 16 urria 2019 (UTC)

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[aldatu]

07:15, 16 urria 2019 (UTC)

Community Wishlist 2020[aldatu]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

IFried (WMF) 19:30, 4 azaroa 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore[aldatu]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 06:14, 18 urtarrila 2020 (UTC)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[aldatu]

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 19:01, 22 urtarrila 2020 (UTC)

Wikisource Conference in Warsaw[aldatu]

Dear Wikisource Community,

Meeting the Wikisource community expectations, we are working with Wikimedia Polska and Wikimedia Foundation on organiziing the 2nd Wikisource Conference in Warsaw. We already had a survey that showed high interest in the Conference within the community. We also had recently a meeting on the conference organization process and its requirements. However, we are still at a very early stage of the Conference organization process. But we are hoping this event will happen in September this year.

In order to apply for Wikimedia Foundation support, we need some input from the community about the Conference goals and the community expectations. If you are a wikisourcian, you wish to participate the conference or you wish to help the Wikisource community that the conference take place, please fill the short survey linked below before January 29 (due to short deadline for grant applications). Please, also share this request among Your communities. Here is the link to the survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7FnFgMLPHeyWtBqjgXwLDYvh5vxeTnsZ0OIjTdSDrZlX0PA/viewform

Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions, suggestions, proposals, or if you wish to help us in any other way.

On behalf of the Organizing Commitee,

Nicolas Vigneron

Satdeep Gill

Ankry

ProofreadPage Statistics[aldatu]

Hi! This domain has finally been added to the ProofreadPage Statistic, here: https://tools.wmflabs.org/phetools/statistics.php. Candalua (eztabaida) 12:57, 29 urtarrila 2020 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative[aldatu]

This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 10:46, 28 maiatza 2020 (UTC)

Community Tech Launches Wikisource Improvement Initiative[aldatu]

Apologies for the broken links in the previous message. This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We hope you are all healthy and safe in these difficult times.

The Community Tech team has just launched a new initiative to improve Wikisource. We will be addressing five separate wishes, which came out of the 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and we want you to be a part of the process! The projects include the following:

For the first project, the team will focus on the #1 wish: improve ebook exports. We have created a project page, which includes an analysis of the ebook export process. We now invite everyone to visit the page and share their feedback on the project talk page. Please let us know what you think of our analysis; we want to hear from all of you! Furthermore, we hope that you will participate in the other Wikisource improvement projects, which we’ll address in the future. Thank you in advance and we look forward to reading your feedback on the ebook export improvement talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 10:51, 28 maiatza 2020 (UTC)

Feedback on movement names[aldatu]

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen if necessary. Eskerrik asko!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 19:39, 2 uztaila 2020 (UTC)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[aldatu]

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 20:10, 9 uztaila 2020 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement

Feedback requested: Ebook Export Improvement Project[aldatu]

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello, everyone!

I am pleased to announce that the Community Tech team at WMF has posted our August update on the Wikisource Ebook Export Improvement project! This project came out of our 2020 Community Wishlist Survey, and it was the #1 wish voted on by survey participants.

So, what does this mean? In short, we want your feedback! Now that we have posted the August update, we want to know what you think. The update includes findings from our community consultation, results from two separate analyses conducted by the team (on improving WSExport reliability & font rendering support), and proposed next steps. It is our hope that people can read our analysis, share their feedback, and engage in a conversation with us on the talk page. Your feedback will be invaluable, and it will help determine the next steps of the project.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the consultation so far! It's been a joy to explore how we can improve the ebook export experience. Now, we look forward to reading a new round of feedback on the project talk page!

-- IFried (WMF) (Product Manager, Community Tech)

Sent by User:SGill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 12:14, 17 abuztua 2020 (UTC)

Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[aldatu]

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 13:49, 26 abuztua 2020 (UTC)

Invitation to participate in the conversation[aldatu]

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Ready to be enabled[aldatu]

Note: This message is in English, but we encourage translation into other languages. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that the Wikisource Pagelist widget is now available to be enabled on all Wikisources. Any interface admin on your wiki can enable it by using the instructions on the following page:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:ProofreadPage/Pagelist_widget

In case, your wiki doesn’t have an interface admin, reach out to us on the ‘Help with enabling the widget on your wiki’ section of the project talk page and we will connect you with a global interface admin:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikisource_Pagelist_Widget#Help_with_enabling_the_widget_on_your_wiki

You will need to hold a local discussion around what would be the labels for different page types in your language for the visual mode. (For example, ToC = ਤਤਕਰਾ in Punjabi, title = শিরোনাম in Bengali)

Feel free to also give us any feedback on the project talk page on Meta-Wiki as well.

Regards

Sohom Datta

Sent by Satdeep Gill (WMF) using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 05:56, 15 iraila 2020 (UTC)

Wikisource Pagelist Widget: Wikisource Meetup (29th September 2020)[aldatu]

Hello everyone,

We hope you are doing well!

We reached out to you a couple of weeks ago to share that Wikisource Pagelist Widget is now ready to be enabled to Wikisource. Since then, many language Wikisources have enabled the widget but many are yet to do so.

So, we have decided to organize a Wikisource Meetup to give a live demonstration on how to use the widget in both wikitext and visual modes. There will be some time for the participants to share their feedback and experience with the widget. We will also provide support in case some Wikisource communities are seeking help in enabling the widget.

The meetup will take place on 29 September 2020 at 9:30 AM UTC or 3 PM IST. Google Meet link for the meeting is: http://meet.google.com/khu-dfph-qsd

Looking forward to seeing the global Wikisource community connect amid these difficult times when physical meetings have not been taking place.

P.S. If you are planning to attend this meetup and are comfortable in sharing your email address then send us your confirmation in the form of a small email to sgill@wikimedia.org, this will help us in getting a sense of the number of people that are planning to show-up. We are aware that this time-zone is not convenient for everyone and more meetups can be organized in the future.

Regards

Sohom, Sam and Satdeep

Sent by Satdeep using MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 11:03, 24 iraila 2020 (UTC)

Wiki of functions naming contest[aldatu]

21:13, 29 iraila 2020 (UTC)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric[aldatu]

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

Eskerrik asko! Qgil-WMF (talk) 17:10, 7 urria 2020 (UTC)

Important: maintenance operation on October 27[aldatu]

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 17:11, 21 urria 2020 (UTC)

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2[aldatu]

22:11, 5 azaroa 2020 (UTC)

Encuesta de Lista de deseos de la Comunidad 2021[aldatu]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

¡La Encuesta de Lista de deseos de la Comunidad 2021 ya está abierta! Esta encuesta es el medio donde la comunidad decide acerca de qué trabajará el equipo de Tecnología para la Comunidad durante el próximo año. Animamos a todas las personas a enviar propuestas el 30 azaroak, o comentar en las otras propuestas para ayudar a mejorarlas. Las comunidades votarán las propuestas entre 8 abenduak y 21 abenduak.

El equipo de Tecnología para la Comunidad está enfocado en herramientas para editores de Wikimedia experimentados. Puedes escribir propuestas en cualquier idioma, y las traduciremos para ustedes. Gracias, y ¡esperamos revisar sus propuestas!

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 04:58, 20 azaroa 2020 (UTC)

Global bot policy proposal: invitation to a Meta discussion[aldatu]

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[aldatu]

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[aldatu]

Encuesta de Lista de deseos de la Comunidad 2021[aldatu]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

15:08, 11 abendua 2020 (UTC)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[aldatu]

Wikimania's logo.

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen. Eskerrik asko!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 15:16, 27 urtarrila 2021 (UTC)

Project Grant Open Call[aldatu]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsTxantiloi:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 08:01, 28 urtarrila 2021 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![aldatu]

Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 13:25, 6 otsaila 2021 (UTC)

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[aldatu]

Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wikiteka currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 14:12, 18 otsaila 2021 (UTC)

Wikifunctions logo contest[aldatu]

01:49, 2 martxoa 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[aldatu]

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[aldatu]

Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applications[aldatu]

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[aldatu]

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 22:15, 5 apirila 2021 (UTC)

Global bot policy changes[aldatu]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[aldatu]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 23:06, 11 ekaina 2021 (UTC)

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[aldatu]

Wikimania logo with text 2.svg

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (eztabaida) 04:19, 16 ekaina 2021 (UTC)

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2[aldatu]

14:15, 24 ekaina 2021 (UTC)

Server switch[aldatu]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:19, 27 ekaina 2021 (UTC)

Wikisource Satisfaction Survey 2021[aldatu]

Txantiloi:Dir Hello!

Apologies for writing in English. Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

In the past year, there has been a lot of changes to Wikisource features and tools. This was done by the Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation, grantees funded by the Foundation or through projects like Google Summer of Code. We would like to understand what you feel about the changes. Tell us what you think about such tools as the Wikisource Pagelist Widget or the new Ebook Export tool.

Take the survey in English, French, Spanish, Polish, Hindi or Punjabi. The deadline is 25th July 2021.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Hindi and Punjabi).

If you prefer to send your answers via email, copy the text of the survey and send to sgill@wikimedia.org.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, write to me at sgill@wikimedia.org.

Eskerrik asko! SGill (WMF) 22:30, 16 uztaila 2021 (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[aldatu]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 22:46, 17 abuztua 2021 (UTC)

Update on the OCR Improvements[aldatu]

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. Mesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvements[aldatu]

OCR menu in toolbar
Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvements[aldatu]

Multi-language support in advanced tools.png
Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Advanced Options
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
UI Crop tool in Advanced tools
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

OCR onboarding.png
Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at the 2022 Community Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your opinions on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) 01:57, 19 abuztua 2021 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[aldatu]

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

20:50, 1 iraila 2021 (UTC)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[aldatu]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 00:23, 7 iraila 2021 (UTC)

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[aldatu]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) 16:50, 10 iraila 2021 (UTC)

Server switch[aldatu]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (eztabaida) 00:46, 11 iraila 2021 (UTC)

Talk to the Community Tech[aldatu]

Txantiloi:Dir

Read this message in another languageMesedez, lagun gaitzazu zure hizkuntzara itzultzen

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (eztabaida) 03:04, 11 iraila 2021 (UTC)